Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Tears

Why are these eyes wet?
Why do these tears roll?
I try to stare away to the ends
Yet the tears keep rolling down.

In pursuit of happiness I wander
Across the seas and on top of the hills
Could have been in the moon if I could
Would have dashed into the stars if need be

Why do you run away from me?
Oh happiness, I seek of you every moment
Yet as a sore loser you walk away
Leaving a sulking me all alone.

Has destiny written this for me?
Thou shall not find it ever
Yet I seek, yet I search
That illusive happiness, day and night

Despondent I become day by day
Frustrated I am every single moment
Yet I keep looking out
you never know - destiny could be kind.

As I stare at myself every night
The mirror cracks and asks me questions
Isn't it time to accept it once and for all
The fact that happiness hated me all along

I sign in despair, hope is running out
Am I not to be happy ever?
My eyes well up in a moment
And the questions keep coming back

Why are these eyes wet?
Why do these tears roll?
I think I know why it does
Yet the tears keep rolling all along...  

No comments:

Post a Comment