Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Open The Eyes

I wake up from an unending sleep
All I see is darkness around
An eerie silence engulfs the world around
Am I dead, or am I the only one alive?

Out there I see a ray of light
Rush to it I do, in hope and despair
I don't want to die, I don't want to be alone
Alas! I haven't enjoyed this beautiful world yet.

The light comes in through a peeping hole
Oh yes! there is light outside
But I struggle to open that door
Locked from the outside is it, I start to wonder

Strength is pulled in from every sinew
I want to get out, I want to see the light
With great trouble I open the door
To the world of light, to the world of hope

The world is indeed alive
Random birds singing a graceful song
A breeze calming my fears
A drizzle as if to wash away my pain

Oh this world, how beautiful you are
Took you for granted all this while
Closed my eyes to the magic it gave
So as to forget what it is on offer

Realisation kicks in, regrets drive in
I don't want to walk back for sure
There is a lot to enjoy here!
There is a lot to live here!

Eyes were wide shut, open they are now
To this wide world and its beauty
I want to live, I want to enjoy
This beautiful world and all it has for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment