Friday, May 28, 2021

Angels On Earth

They say the angels are high up in the sky
Amongst the Gods in the palatial clouds
Some say they shine in the sky
As distant stars day and night.

What would it be if that ain't the case?
Whet would it be if they were in our midst?
Walking with us, running with us
In those agonising moments of angst and distress

I've seen them in many colours
Many faces, many names that my memory fades
In your worst moment, you find them
In your hopelessness, they give you hope

Don't give up is what they say
And surely they do it day after day
Behind the attire, their agonies are forgotten
Behind their smiles, their tears are hidden.

Battles are fought day and night
Against an enemy invisible and strong
Losing the guard is not an option
Losing the faith, is losing a life

Some call them as doctors
Some call them nurses and what more
But for me you are all angels
To save me from the lurking darkness

I see hope, I see trust
Like a tree against a raging storm
Valiant battles fought, fighting to survive
Not just for you, but for all of us.

Angels to live on earth
Angels do walk around me
Angels do protect me from going away
Angels on earth you are - shining bright everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment